In an effort to provide better support for our users and streamline our support processes, we have just released a newly redesigned support portal!
While the new portal is still under active development, we are releasing the initial version now to allow you to get access to the new features as soon as possible. This also allows continued development with user feedback in mind. With that in mind, as you begin using the new Portal, please be sure to let us know if you have any feedback or ideas!
ACCESSING THE PORTAL
If you currently have an account on the DME Forensics Support Portal, you are good to go! You can simply Log In to the new portal with your existing email address and password. If you do not currently have an account, Register now!
You can access the portal at any time from the DME Forensics website by pressing the ‘Visit the Portal’ or ‘Portal Login’ links at the top of the page.
If you are having any issues with logging into your account you can:
- Reset your password: This will email you a link with details on how to choose a new password.
- Try registering again: If your account was missed in the migration, or you previously registered with an old email address, you can simply register for a new account.
- Contact support: Just shoot us an email at email@example.com and we will look into your account and get you squared away!
While we have a lot of really cool features planned for the Portal, the current version brings about some improvements to the core functionality of the old support portal. Some of the key new features include:
- Streamlined Free Trial Signup Process: new free trial users will no longer need to create an account before signing up for the free trial! Now when an individual signs up for a free trial from our new Free Trial Page, an account will automatically be created for them, and they will receive an email with the login details.
- Easier access to key downloads: Right from the main page, users can quickly and easily find and download the latest version of DVR Examiner, player downloads, and sample files. We have also started to include MD5 hash values for the DVR Examiner Installers, and will expand that to more download types as we go.
- License Database Downloads: DVR Examiner utilizes a license database to manage licensing information. By design, this database expires or goes ‘stale’ approximately every 90 days. To make it easier for users to keep their database up-to-date, the most recent version is automatically bundled within each DVR Examiner release download.
- Access Subscription Details: We have improved our ability to link a subscription (license) to multiple individuals. This will allow you to see the current details for your licenses as well as easily download an updated license database. In future updates, we will provide additional options for managing your subscription directly from the portal.
- Improved DVR Request Process: You can now quickly and easily request support for new DVRs directly from the portal homepage. In future updates, we will include additional details and tracking with each of your requests.
- Profile & Contact Preferences: We have made it easier for you to stay up to date with company news and DVR Examiner releases with our new Contact Preferences section. Subscribing to Release Notifications will enable you to receive an email every time we post a new release of DVR Examiner!
DVR EXAMINER INTEGRATION
For those of you who are using DVR Examiner on an internet connected machine, you may see some impacts to certain features through this transition. Currently DVR Examiner interacts with the support portal for:
- Checking for new releases on startup
- Updating the license database if it is expired
- Submitting feedback for detected but not yet supported filesystems
- Downloading Proprietary/Native players
- Submitting DVR Examiner Profiler Reports
While these features are migrated into the new portal and updated in future releases of DVR Examiner, you may see some interruptions with these features. We have the following work arounds available for you:
- Signup for Release Notification emails to ensure you are always running the most up-to-date version of DVR Examiner
- Send us an email/submit a support ticket to link your account to your subscription to be able to download an up-to-date license database at any time.
- Submit a new DVR Request from the new Portal
- All Proprietary Players are available for download on the new Portal. These are organized by Filesystem Name.
- Automatically submitting DVR Examiner Profiler Reports will continue to work, however until we update the integrations, you may still want to submit the Profiler via the DVR Request feature on the new Portal.
In addition to the features released today, we have a series of additional features on the roadmap for the remainder of 2016 and into 2017. Some of these features include:
- Knowledgebase: We will be introducing a knowledgebase with detailed articles and how-to guides to help you get the most out of DVR Examiner, as well as to answer any questions that you may have.
- Enhanced Support Tickets: For those times where you encounter an issue with DVR Examiner or have a question that isn’t covered in the Knowledgebase, you will be able to submit detailed tickets and view the status of existing tickets directly from the portal
- DVR Request Tracking: Keep an eye on the progress of your DVR Requests and receive email notifications when your requested filesystem has been implemented
- Improved Subscription Management: Access and view details regarding your subscription(s), activate new subscriptions and keep an eye on any upcoming renewals. We will also link support tickets to active subscriptions to allow all users within an agency to stay up to date on any issues or requests.
- Supported DVRs List: By utilizing our own database of DVRs and customer submitted feedback and requests, we will develop a method of tracking supported filesystems, and associated DVRs. This will give you another tool to help answer that age old question ‘Is DVR XYZ supported?’
QUESTIONS? COMMENTS? FEEDBACK?
We would love to hear from you if you have any feedback for us with the new Portal. Feel free to submit a ticket from your dashboard, or just shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments you may have.