DVR Examiner 3.1.0 is now available for download. The latest release of our forensic software for automating video recovery from DVRs includes support for a new filesystem, new features, and a handful of bug fixes.
Please note, the latest release now requires .Net Framework 5, which is included in the DVR Examiner Installer.
- Support added for ATS160054 which now detects as PSF_MSBF filesystem. This filesystem is commonly found in certain Nuvica Easynet DVRs.
- Added the ability to submit feedback or report a bug from directly within the DVR Examiner.
- Added the ability to save your case and export files to a network location.
- Refactored HIK filesystem to improve overall performance.
- New reports available, including:
- Case Summary Report
- Detection Report
- Gallery Report
- Updated report design for new and existing reports
- Updated Excel report format to output in table format
- Added ‘Report’ as a job in Case Explorer. You can now track the progress of your Report Job in the Details Panel.
- Added ‘Generate Reports’ under ‘Tools’ to allow you to generate one or multiple reports at a time
- Updating Settings options including:
- Agency Settings to specify defaults for Agency Name, Examiner, Address, and Contact Information
- Report Settings to specify defaults for format, additional details to include, and additional destination folders
- Export Settings to specify defaults for output media formats, hash algorithm, destination folder(s), and folder organization
- Added the ability to move the location of a source file. You can now access a source from a saved case regardless of the location of that source (assuming the location is accessible from your machine).
What We Fixed
- Addressed an issue where SHFL filesystem was not returning all data available on a drive in certain instances (Bug 9500).
- Addressed an issue where using the jump back/jump forward controls when previewing in IDENT_E4 filesystem would cause DVR Examiner to crash in certain instances (Bug 9142).
- Addressed issues in HIK Filesystem where previewing and/or exporting in certain instances caused DVR Examiner to crash (Bug 8877).
- Addressed an issue in DHFS_41 filesystem where scan returns clips with Clip Id of ‘1’ for all clips (Bug 10226).