DVR Examiner version 3.0.4 is now available for download. The latest release includes new features, support for new filesystems, and some minor bug fixes.
- Improved user notification process when loading a saved case which includes an unavailable source.
- The following filesystem families were refactored, improving their overall performance in DVR Examiner 3:
- Support added for two new filesystems:
- RFS2 (ATS170086) commonly found in certain Samsung DVRs.
- Added support for Pictman_disksiz (ATS170070) commonly found in certain Q-See DVRs.
What we fixed
- Addressed an issue where opening DVR Examiner via double-click produced a raw disk installation error in logs (Bug 8829).
- Addressed an issue where selecting an unavailable source for detection caused DVR Examiner to crash (Bug 8689, 8999).
- Addressed an issue where filesystem IIDX was including unplayable clips in the Clip List (Bug 4646).
- Addressed an issue where previewing large clips for no_efi filesystem caused DVR Examiner to freeze (Bug 7058).
- Addressed an issue where saving cases of a particularly large size would case save to fail, but user would not be notified (Bug 8488).
- Addressed an issue where clips would be returned outside of set date/time filters in certain instances where multiple channels are present (Bug 8743).
- Addressed an issue where selecting “Ignore Indexes” did not auto-select Inaccessible Scan (Bug 8780).
- Issue with FIL_ASfm filesystem where clips being returned in DVR Examiner 3 releases do not match those being returned in DVR Examiner 2.X versions (Bug 8518).
- This known issue was not resolved in this release because we have not yet been able to replicate this bug. If you are experiencing this issue please contact technical support.