DVR Examiner Version 2.9.4 is now available for download! The latest release is limited to a few minor bug fixes, as we are focusing on putting the finishing touches on DVR Examiner 3.0, which is planned for release in early spring. Download the latest version here.
What we fixed
- Certain versions of Windows flag DVR Examiner 2.9.3 Installer as containing possible Malware – CoinMiner.
- Some users reported that Windows Defender flagged the installer for possible malware. This was a false detection due to a change in installer software. This has been corrected in 2.9.4. .
- Scans which encounter errors do not alert user upon completion of scan.
- In instances where a scan encountered an error, but the scan continued, some users were not receiving an error message to inform them of the error upon scan completion. This has been corrected.
- Inaccessible Scan of DHFS_41 not returning inaccessible data.
- Issue has been corrected where inaccessible scans of DHFS_41 filesystem were failing to return inaccessible clips.
- Inaccessible Scan not returning expected number of clips in HIK filesystem.
- Bug during inaccessible scan caused DVR Examiner to lose previously returned clips if an error was encountered.
- Addressed an issue with DHFS filesystem to prevent invalid timestamps.
If you have any questions about a specific update on this release, please let us know!
As mentioned, the release of DVR Examiner 3.0 is just around the corner, which will include a completely redesigned interface as well as support for a number of new filesystems. We’ll be sharing a preview of 3.0 in an upcoming webinar. If you’re interested in joining for this webinar, you can register here!