There are 4 new filesystems included in this release along with several new features and additions! The new version is available for download right now on our Support Portal.
- Added support for the stream_db and stream_db_I filesystems commonly found in CIB, Truon, AVTech, and unbranded DVRs
- Added support for the STL_264 and STL_MPEG filesystems commonly found in Digital Watchdog DVRs and unbranded DVRs
Free Trial Improvements
- Added the ability for free trial users to preview/export the first clip from each channel
- Added a designation to the clips which the trial version can preview and export
We’re listening to the feedback we’re getting from our trial users, and one of the most common issues we’ve heard is that it is too limiting. We’re addressing this issue by allowing the first clip from each channel to be previewed and exported. This way there’s much less chance that the trial won’t provide you with some video to prove that the program works. We’ve also created a label for those clips that the trial version will preview and export, so there’s no doubt which clips will work!
Improvements and New Features
- Added more filesystems for detection, pending support
- Improved several filesystems based on customer feedback of usability and speed
- Improved channel sorting in systems with more than 10 channels
We’ve also instituted a change to make selecting physical disks easier. We’ve gotten feedback that often times it’s very easy to select the wrong physical disk to scan, so we’ve removed the drive that dvr examiner is running on from the list of physical disks. We hope that this will reduce issues, as there should be no cose in which DVR Examiner is installed on a DVR hard drive.
Along with these improvements we continue to fix any issues that we come across, as well as any issues reported by customers and free trial users alike. We always encourage feedback from all of our users, regardless of whether you’re a subscriber or not! We’ll try to fix any bugs that you find, and we do our best to cater to our users’ needs to implement as many requests as possible. If you’d like to read the full release notes, here’s a link.
Thanks for your continued interest and support!
If you have already purchased DVR Examiner or have an active free trial period, download DVR Examiner 1.12.0 on the Support Portal now!