DVR Examiner Version 2.9.3 is now available for download! The latest release includes detection and support for additional filesystems, plus a handful of bug fixes. Check out what’s new in 2.9.3 below, and download the latest version here.
What’s New in 2.9.3
- SDT Filesystem commonly found in unbranded single camera SD card-based DVRs now supported.
- Why We Did It: Requests for support of Smart WiFi cameras such as Merkury Innovations where this filesystem is commonly found.
- Related to ATS200019.
- LST_NOFF Filesystem variant now supported.
- Why We Did It: Issue reported with LST_264 Filesystem where “Zero Clips Found” error message due to missing index files.
- NAFS1_V2, NASF2_V2, and NAFS4_V2 Filesystem variants now supported.
- Why We Did It: NAFS-based variant filesystems were returning “Zero Clips Found” error message due to folder path mismatch.
- Refactored IGS Filesystem family to improve performance.
- Why We Did It: Issue reported with preview and export on inaccessible clips.
- In instances where detection fails, and bytes per sector is unknown, DVR Examiner will automatically redetect.
- Why We Did It: Occasionally, when BPS is unknown, it will be detected incorrectly as 4096. If a detection fails with 4096 as BPS, DVR Examiner will now automatically try detection again as 512 BPS.
- Implementation of detection for new filesystems ATS200027 (SHFL) and ATS200026.
- Why We Did It: First step in adding support for these filesystems.
What we fixed:
- Specific filesystems in the DRV family were being misidentified, preventing user from updating time zone of clips.
- Issues in H2MB_dc and NAFS filesystem families were causing date/time parsing errors.
- Mirage-based filesystems were returning clips, but scanning could result in an endless loop and not complete.
- Issues with inaccessible video recovery in HIK filesystem.
- UWARE-based filesystems were not properly indicating that all data was being recovered, regardless of status (accessible/inaccessible).
If you have any questions about a specific update on this release, please let us know!